Monday, November 18, 2013

Soundsensor

Soundsensor

Below is a very brief test of the NXT soundsensor in the new sound-framework for EV3.

During my test I was quietly humming, which is seen as the small spikes leading up to the big spike, which was when I clapped about 10 cm in front of the sensor. 
DB mode
I tried to continue my humming at the same level, but in retrospect I did move a bit closer to the sensor, and my volume might have increased somewhat. The clap was controlled to somewhat the same loudness.
DBA mode
Not much to say about the results. They are somewhat the same as expected, though the values makes less then perfect sense (what is 0.2 in relation to DB? - what is actually returned is the soundvalue in relating to the maximum possible recording soundlevel of the sensor).

No comments:

Post a Comment